Host An Event
This year, NORD wants to see the United States map covered with events on and around Rare Disease Day. Why? Because the more events are planned, the more awareness we will raise. We need your help to #coverthemap! Host an event in your town to raise awareness for rare diseases on and around Rare Disease Day! To cover the map, please plan an event (suggestions below), send the details to us by filling out this form and we will post it on our website here.
There are plenty of things that you can do to recognize Rare Disease Day. Below are some ideas for the types of events that you can organize in your community.
- Plan or participate in Advocacy Events
- Write your representatives to tell them why rare diseases are important to you
- Become an individual supporter to receive updates about the day
- Participate in the Handprints Across America project
- Write a letter to the editor and send it to your local paper about what Rare Disease Day means to you
- Send a proclamation request to your representatives
- Organize an awareness display at a local school or hospital
- Bring Rare Disease Day into a local school
- Host an event at a local community center or library
- Create artwork to commemorate the day and share it with us on Facebook
- Participate in an event near you
- Share information about Rare Disease Day on your social media sites with the #RareDiseaseDay
Once you’ve planned your event, share it with us! We’ll post your event on this website to promote it and help you attract more attendees.
Your event could be a fundraiser for NORD or another rare disease patient organization. If you plan to fundraise around Rare Disease Day, please contact our fundraising department at email@example.com
Send us your photos to feature on this website! You can email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to tell us the where when and what in your email and of course, we love to see the Rare Disease Day logo and your Rare Disease Day swag! Download swag here or purchase some on our store.